Working with heavy, bloated, models has sucked the soul from many a SketchUp user.
We’ve been there too…trying to import a million poly OBJ and waiting, waiting, and waiting some more.
Finally! Import complete! But…no textures! Wrong scale! Wrong orientation! And worst of all…my model is now 500 MB and I can barely orbit!
Sound familiar? It’s almost enough to drive us away from our beloved SketchUp! But for some reason…we keep coming back…;)
With Skimp, the pain of working with high-poly models is gone:
- FAST import of FBX, OBJ, STL, DAE, 3DS (PC only), PLY, and VRML (more formats are planned for the future)
- SIMPLIFY objects already in your SketchUp model while preserving the model hierarchy
- PREVIEW the imported model and adjust scale and orientation before importing
- EXTREMELY FAST and EFFICIENT decimation and simplification your model, before or after importing
- ACCURATE preservation of the model visual appearance, features, normals, texture coordinates, materials and boundaries.
- EASILY and QUICKLY simplify models with millions of faces
- DRASTICALLY REDUCE the size of your SKP file with a few easy clicks
Finally! Pain free SketchUp import and simplification!
All within a simple and intuitive interface that you can learn in minutes!
Now you don’t have to worry about the size of your 3D Warehouse model.
More details and features:
- Compatible with BOTH Windows and Mac
- Select any number of Groups or Components in your model and Skimp will trim them down to a manageable size.
- With Skimp, you can specify an error tolerance for highly accurate metric-based simplification. This is a critical feature for simplifying mechanical or manufactured objects such as vehicles, appliances, electronics, etc.
- Skimp’s simplification feature is designed to achieve the perfect balance of accuracy and performance. It is very fast, highly accurate, and has a low memory footprint.
- Skimp works entirely inside SketchUp. Simply install it using the Extension Manager and you are good to go!
- Quickly replace textures and re-assign materials using Skimp’s Replace Textures Tool.
Skimp is powered by the mighty Atangeo Balancer SDK, perhaps the fastest and most memory efficient polygon reduction technology available today.